June was a busy busy month 'round the Melton house! We completed Kindergarten (I say we, because it really is a family thing...parts for everyone to play.) We've been catching lightening bugs, trekking to the Farmer's Market, doing crafts, playing in the sprinkler, playdates, and traveling to Charlotte (there's a separate post for that one coming up). I also rode my bike from the house to Harp's for the first time before school let out for the summer. It was nice to check that off my list and know that not only can i do it, but that it wasn't all that bad. I was pretty nervous about it, my heart was racing and not just because I was getting a bit of a workout. But in the end, I managed to navigate just fine and didn't run into anything or anyone! I even had to find an alternate route when a squad of fire trucks was blocking my way to the store. To think... this is just the beginning of our summer fun! Now on to the pictures!
Here we have the "Last Day of School" mix:
1) Aylin is very proud of her Field Day participation award
2) Last day of Kindergarten!
3) Last walk to school as a Kindergartener
4) Last lunch in the cafeteria with mom and Silly Selfies
5) Aylin with her teacher, Mrs. Scott, on her last day
6) Last day of school fun treat!
7) Last day of school crazy class pic.
Next up the "Play Time" mix:
1) Splash Park fun
2) Sprinkler fun
3) Experimenting with textures on clay at the Kids Art Park (at the Farmer's Market)
4) Same as #3 :)
5) Helping in a giant weaving project to be auctioned off, also part of the Kids Art Park
6) Gotta get a pic in the miniature Sam Walton pick up truck
7) Garden Tea Parties with a friend
8) Checking out the kids area at Crystal Bridges with friends
9) Shouting into the horn at Crystal Bridges with friends
And now for "Our Back Yard Visitors"We've enjoyed the deer sightings in our back yard. It's been pretty surreal to see so many deer, in daylight hours, IN TOWN.
Next we have my "Random Pic(k)s"
1) All dressed up for a date with daddy!
2) A nice quiet (and cooler than normal) June evening, keeping the skeeterz at bay with my torch.
3) Getting our Farmer's Market on with the new wagon!
4) My bike parked at Harp's!
Aaaand last but not least "Flying to Charlotte"
1) Gotta ride the moving sidewalk!
2) Hysterical giggles, we're so excited!
3) Ooooh pretty!
4) Sleepy kiddo
5) City lights over Charlotte